The non-profit association DNS Belgium wishes to promote the use of the internet by making it more accessible for people with a disability in particular. We are constantly improving our user experience and are applying the relevant accessibility standards accordingly.
Measures to improve accessibility
We have implemented the following measures to enhance the accessibility of our website:
- the promotion of the use of the internet in a sustainable manner is included in our organisation’s mission statement;
- accessibility is an essential component of our sustainability strategy. This sustainability strategy is a fixed component of our procurement policy;
- accessibility is included in our communication strategy;
- our colleagues have undergone training in accessibility standards and communication strategies.
Level of compliance with the accessibility standard
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) contains standards in terms of accessibility requirements for persons with a disability. There are three levels at which these rules can be implemented: Level A, Level AA and Level AAA.
We are compliant with WCGA 2.1 Level AA. Archived information in PDF format, such as annual reports from the previous years and older version of our sustainability report may not be WCAG compliant. PDF files we receive from external parties (e.g. audit reports) are sometimes not in accordance with the rules.
We welcome your feedback on our efforts to make our website more accessible. You can contact us by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com or via our contact page.
Limits and alternatives
We are doing our utmost to make the entire website and all documents accessible to everyone. Nevertheless, we have not succeeded completely. A summary of persistent problems and possible solutions is provided below. If you still find something that is not accessible and is not indicated below, please let us know.
The following documents/pages are still not fully accessible:
- the sustainability report 2016-2017: a number of graphs and drawings
- the annual reports of previous years: a number of graphs and drawings
- registration certificate
If you would like more information about these documents, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The accessibility of our website is checked via an external audit conducted by Anysurfer. View the latest Anysurfer status page.
Formal endorsement of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement has been drawn up by the DNS Belgium communication department on 17 December 2018 (last update on 14 January 2019). If you have questions or remarks, you can contact us via email@example.com. We will do our utmost to send you an initial reply within 5 business days.