Transfer your domain name
Move a .be domain name
Request the transfer code yourself below or contact your current or new registrar and instruct him to request the transfer code that is linked to your domain name from DNS Belgium. Read all about the transfer code here.
We send the transfer code to the e-mail address of the current domain name holder in our registration system. It is therefore important that your e-mail address is correct in our registration system and that you have your domain details updated if necessary.
Provide your new registrar with all the details as for a new registration and with the transfer code. Your registrar will then do what is necessary to move your domain name.
A transfer block means that the registrar has blocked the domain name for transfer. This can take place at the registrant’s request or automatically. The registrar is required to provide a simple way by which the registrant can remove the blocking. For more information, contact your registrar.
If your contact data are not up to date, we are obviously unable to contact you. As a registrant, you are contractually required to keep your data up to date.
It is therefore important for you to update the contact data that are connected to your domain name as and when necessary. You cannot do that directly at DNS Belgium. Only your registrar is authorised to change your contact data.
If the registrar refuses to change the e-mail address at the request of the registrant itself, you can lodge a complaint (attaching the e-mails sent) with the legal department of DNS Belgium via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our legal department will investigate the complaint and contact the registrar. If the registrar is unable to give a valid reason and refuses to carry out the update, DNS Belgium will do it in the registrar’s place and invoice any costs involved to the registrar.
The current registrar can remove a domain name after having requested the transfer code (which is valid for 7 days) and before the launching/executing of the transfer by the new registrar. The transfer can still go through, but then it becomes a transfer from quarantine.
Move a .vlaanderen or .brussels domain name
Ask you current registrar for the transfer code that is linked to your domain name and give that code to your new registrar. Only the new registrar can file an application to move a domain name.
Your new registrar will file the transfer application (using the transfer code) with DNS Belgium. Now there are three possibilities:
- Your old registrar approves the application within 5 calendar days. Your domain name is transferred to the new registrar.
- Your old registrar does nothing within 5 calendar days. Your application is automatically approved and your domain name transferred to the new registrar.
- Your old registrar rejects the application.
A registrar can reject an application for transfer in case of:
- fraud by the registrant
- initiation of a UDRP procedure
- a judgement by the court that the domain name may not be transferred
- a dispute about the identity of the person who allows the transfer
- a domain name being (temporarily) blocked because there is an outstanding invoice
- written objection by the registrant
- a transfer blocking
A .vlaanderen or .brussels domain name cannot be moved within the first 60 calendar days:
- of the first registration
- after a transfer to another registrant
- after a move to another registrar