Partners for a safe Belgian internet
Partners for a safe .be zone
Our mission is to ensure the security of the .be zone.
- We check the registration details when someone registers a .be domain name. We do this before we activate the domain name. If the registration looks suspicious, we ask for the identity of the holder for further verification.
- We also automatically check the registration details of domain names already registered.
- We contact the domain name holder if the registration details are not correct or complete.
- If the data has not been completed or corrected within 14 days, we will take the website offline.
- When we see or suspect suspicious activity (e.g. phishing , malware ), we alert the domain name holder.
To ensure security on the Internet, we work intensively with many partners.
- In cooperation with the FPS Economy, we take fraudulent websites offline within 24 hours.
- We support the initiatives of Safeonweb, the Centre for Cybersecurity Belgium and the Cyber Security Coalition to ensure internet safety. We do this by adopting their message on our own channels, thus creating more awareness.
- We are in close contact with the CERT (Cyber Emergency Response Team) to respond quickly against cybercrime.
- We support Child Focus and help them to spread their search messages on our 'Page Not Found' webpage (the 404 page). Since 2017, if you try to visit a non-existent page on our website, you will see a photo (in some cases, an aged photo) of a missing child. In this way, DNS Belgium supports Child Focus in the search for missing children.
Initiatives by and with our partners
Cyber security campaign on mobile security14 October 2022This year's cyber security awareness campaign by the Centre for Cyber Security Belgium and the Cyber Security Coalition is geared to protecting mobile devices.
Rising number of Belgians digitally vulnerable23 September 202246% of Belgians are digitally vulnerable according to the new Digital Inclusion Barometer recently published by the King Baldwin Foundation.
Cybersecurity campaign for elderly people03 June 2022On May 11 we kick off a cybersecurity campaign to make elderly people aware of their security online.