Reliability, sustainability and people are three important values that shape every DNS Belgium initiative. Well-defined practices of good governance ('corporate governance') help to ensure that all DNS Belgium employees always take decisions in the interests of the association's sustainable long-term objectives.
Our Corporate Governance Charter contains the ten basic principles underlying our approach to good governance. We also translate these principles into a concrete Corporate Governance Action Plan.
- Principle 1. Our governance structure is clear and we communicate it transparently
- Principle 2. DNS Belgium pays attention to its social role and responsibility
- Principle 3. At DNS Belgium, all bodies remain within their respective remits and interact constructively
- Principle 4. DNS has an effective and balanced governing body
- Principle 5. DNS Belgium has a transparent procedure for the appointment of directors
- Principle 6. All directors and employees demonstrate an independent spirit and always act in the interests of DNS Belgium
- Principle 7. DNS Belgium compensates its directors and employees fairly, responsibly and - wherever possible - transparently
- Principle 8. DNS Belgium has a rigorous procedure for assessing its corporate governance efforts and reports on this transparently
- Principle 9. DNS Belgium employees act with respect, integrity and ethics
- Principle 10. DNS Belgium takes reports of possible breaches seriously and follows them up
DNS Belgium reports transparently based on these principles.