Structure of DNS Belgium
At the end of 2012, DNS.be was rechristened DNS Belgium. This name change was necessary because in addition to the .be domain names, we also assumed the management of .brussels and .vlaanderen.
The structure of DNS Belgium is as follows:
- The general meeting consists of 9 members and is responsible in particular for appointing the directors of the organisation and for approving the annual accounts.
- The board of directors (BoD) is the most important management body of the organisation. It is composed of 3 members: 2 founding members and 1 effective member, namely: ISPA, Agoria and FeWeb.
- The Policy Council (PC) prepares the decisions of the board of directors and provides advice on relevant topics for the organisation. It is composed of representatives of the founding members, the effective members and advisors with particular expertise in specific areas. The Policy Council consists of 11 members.
- The Strategic Committee (SC) is composed of advisors with particular expertise in specific areas. There is a separate strategic committee for .be, .vlaanderen and .brussels. The strategic committee for .vlaanderen and .brussels is composed provisionally of the respective Flemish and Brussels governments and DNS Belgium. In the strategic committee for .be, on the other hand, in addition to a few federal government departments such as FPS Economy, FPS Finance, FCCU, CERT and BIPT, there is also 1 seat for the registrars, which is filled by one of the members of the registrar forum.
The general manager of DNS Belgium is Philip Du Bois. He is:
- responsible for the day-to-day management of the organisation
- responsible for the smooth running of the operational activities
- accountable to the board of directors
The founding members of DNS Belgium are Agoria, Ispa and Beltug.