Will you become our new legal advisor?
We are looking for a versatile, multilingual legal expert with an interest in IT. A driven colleague who will work closely with our legal and customer support colleagues. Are you interested? If so, we would love to get to know you! Start with an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are a legal expert who likes to get things done. Despite your experience in the profession, you remain hands-on. You are helpful, pragmatic and enjoy being part of a team. At DNS Belgium, you will often work together with your support colleagues. Communicating and building collaborations is what you do best, both with governments and with our international community.
This will be your job
- You are the go-to person for our customer support department. You work closely with them, providing them with legal advice and helping them handle queries or complaints.
- You get all excited about contract management. You analyse various contracts and give legal advice on them. You manage our contracts in our contract management tool, in close cooperation with the other departments of our organisation.
- You manage files on alternative dispute resolution and cooperation with Cepani, our external dispute manager.
- You study possible partnerships with government agencies, to conclude 'Notice and Action' cooperation agreements. You also keep your eyes open for cooperation with other relevant organisations.
- You consult with various partners and organise educational webinars to spread knowledge about DNS procedures. You do this for police forces, for example.
- Legal administration and documentation will cheer you up - that is part of the job. Operational tasks alternate with strategic work: you contribute to policy papers and memos.
- Your partner in crime? Our Legal & Corporate Affairs Manager. Together with him, you manage the corporate affairs of DNS Belgium and Digital for Youth vzw, our sister organisation.
- You will occasionally work together with European colleagues. If you wish, you will also take part (virtually or live) in international activities several times a year. For example, within the CENTR community, our European advocacy organisation.
- You stay up to date in your profession. You dive into new legal matters and follow the evolution of legislation on cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, blockchain and the internet of things. You also analyse the potential impact of this on DNS Belgium.
- You have a master's degree in law and several years of experience on the counter.
- You have experience in contract law and an affinity with IT. Experience with intellectual property law, consumer law or non-profit legislation is a major plus.
- Have you worked with customer support services before? Then you have a big advantage.
- You are a networker or at least a good communicator: building partnerships with governments and other external partners is part of the job.
- You work meticulously. Practical and administrative tasks are part of the job.
- You enjoy working independently and are solution-oriented.
- You are a team player.
- You are flexible and know how to deal with a variety of tasks, depending on the needs of our organisation.
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently. Une connaissance de base du français est importante pour cette fonction.
A bright office in Leuven on the Philipssite, close to the city. We are easily accessible by bicycle, public transport, or car. DNS Belgium is an open, inclusive, and sustainable workplace that is committed to a good work-life balance and invests in training. We value communication, transparency, equality, quality, and operational excellence. We employ 38 people, spread across 3 departments: staff, external and engineering. Most colleagues work hybrid, so working from home is also possible for you.
What else can you expect?
- A versatile and challenging role with plenty of autonomy in which you can make your mark and continue to develop.
- A sustainable workplace and an employer who invests in your development.
- An attractive competitive salary and a cafeteria plan. This includes a mobility package (bicycle leasing), group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers, 32 days of leave, mobile phone subscription and a laptop.
- An indefinite contract.
- The opportunity to start quickly.
Convinced? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Think about all the things you do online in a day. Shopping, banking, reading the newspaper, listening to music, booking a trip, meeting up with friends, you name it. As a crucial link in the Belgian internet, DNS Belgium strives to get everyone on board in this sustainable and digital future story.
We do this in multiple ways:
- We commit to cybersecurity.
- We develop technologies that prevent fraud.
- We stand guard over the online privacy and security of millions of internet users.
This is how we make all .be websites as secure as possible. As an employee at DNS Belgium, you put your back into this every day.