Management of a domain name and the extra services that DNS Belgium provides.
Make sure you renew your domain name in time
It is important to renew your domain name in time. This should in principle be done every year.
Your registrar can tell you exactly when your domain name expires. Otherwise, you can apply for a registration certificate:
- Go to our home page and type your domain name under ‘verify details’.
- Click on “request registration certificate” and confirm.
- We will send a .pdf file at the e-mail address registered for your domain name.
- This pdf file contains all the relevant data, including the expiry date of your domain name.
- Check with the registrar when and how you have to proceed if you want to renew your domain name.
Every registrar has its own procedures for invoicing domain names. Some registrars expect you to pay their invoice before your domain name expires, so that they can determine whether the domain name has to be renewed or not.
If you do not wish to renew your domain name, it is important to inform your registrar of your decision in good time. If the renewal date is exceeded, your registrar will be invoiced automatically for a new period. It is possible that your registrar will then ask you to pay for another year.
DNS Belgium does not get involved in conflicts about payments and invoicing between a registrant and a registrar.