Complaints about a registrar
DNS Belgium does not have the right to check or to sanction the agreement concluded by and between the registrar and the domain name holder.
We can investigate complaints about registrars only in the case of a violation of the registrar agreement, i.e. the agreement between us and the registrars. If the complaint is admissible, justified and serious, we will serve notice to the registrar involved to comply with his contractual obligations.
DNS Belgium does not intervene in the following cases
- you have a dispute with your registrar about the invoicing of his services
- you have a dispute with your registrar about one or more domain names with an extension other than .be, .brussels or .vlaanderen
- you feel that you are not getting sufficient support from your registrar or that he does not have a well structured helpdesk
- you have a dispute with your registrar about services other than the registration or the pure management of the domain name, e.g. hosting your website, creating a website, the link between domain name and website, setting up and connecting mailboxes, etc.
- you have a conflict with your hosting partner, but he is not a registrar himself but an intermediary between you and the actual registrar
DNS Belgium does intervene in the following situations
- your registrar provided his own details instead of yours during the registration, so according to our database you are not the registrant of your domain name
- your registrar provided his own e-mail address during the registration, not yours
- your registrar has carried out an operation as a result of which your domain name suddenly belongs to someone else
- your registrar did not apprise you the terms and conditions of DNS Belgium for acceptance
What should you do
Send us your complaint through our contact form. Your complaint will be examined by our legal department and we will inform you about what action we can then take.
When you register a domain name, for instance, the registrar will have to carry out a number of operations and in many cases verify a number of data as well. In addition to the registration of domain names, a registrar provides a number of other services also. That is why a registrar is free to set his own prices depending on the costs and services provided.
DNS Belgium on the other hand has a fully automated registration system. In this way, we can keep the price of a domain name and of transactions with domain names a lot lower than a registrar.
If your registrar no longer has a contract with DNS Belgium you need to move your domain name to a different registrar. There are 2 possibilities:
- There is a potential gaining registrar. The gaining registrar takes over all domain names and let us carry out this transfer. This costs you nothing. The new registrar will notify you of this. Of course you can also choose another registrar. In this case you pay a normal transfer.
- There is no potential gaining registrar. In this case, we temporarily look after your domain name and contact you by letter and e-mail to choose a new registrar as soon as possible who will move your domain name.
- 2 months before your domain name expires, we send you another mail and letter. If you do not move the domain name before this date, your domain name will no longer work (out of service).
- at the end of the month in which your domain name expires, it is 'out of service'.
- 2 months later we release the domain name.